This is a cake with Amaretti biscuits recipe from my Nonna Mary’s recipes book.
Amaretti are dried Italian cookies that are a fabulous mixture of almond flour, egg white and sugar. They are biscuits that lend themselves to many types of recipes.
I tell you, this cake is really delicious!
If you want to try out this recipe and need help converting measurements, check this guide.
Alright, here we go!
Cake with Amaretti biscuits
First of all, let’s list the ingredients that you’ll need.
Please note: these are the ingredients for a double-sized cake, as handwritten in my grandma’s notebook as well. If you’re not a family of 8, split these numbers in half!
400 grammi di burro
400 gr butter
400 grammi di zucchero bianco
400 gr granulated sugar
400 grammi di fecola
400 gr starch
400 grammi di amaretti
400 gr Amaretti biscuits
4 cucchiai di farina normale
4 spoons all purpose flour
1 dose di lievito Bertolini
1 dose Bertolini yeast (or 16 gr baking powder)
Aiuta Lingookies con un 👍!
Preparing the cake with Amaretti biscuits
1. Separare gli albumi dai tuorli.
Separate the egg whites from the yolk.
2. Sbattere i tuorli con lo zucchero.
Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar.
3. Aggiungere il burro a temperatura ambiente, la fecola e la farina.
Add the butter at room temperature, the starch and the flour.
4. Ridurre gli amaretti in polvere e aggiungerli all’impasto.
Grind the Amaretti biscuits to powder and add them to the mix.
5. Montare molto bene gli albumi e aggiungerli all’impasto.
Whip the egg whites very well and add them to the mix.
6. Aggiungere 1 dose di lievito per dolci.
Add in 1 dose of yeast for baking.
7. Infornare in una teglia rettangolare di ca. 24 x 34 cm.
Put in the oven in an approx. 24 cm x 34 cm rectangular baking tray.
7. Cuocere tra i 140-150 gradi per circa un’ora.
Bake in the oven at between 140-150 degrees for about an hour.
❤️ Liked this cake with Amaretti biscuits recipe? Don’t forget to share it with your friends who are also studying Italian in the kitchen!